Following are the thumbnails pictures of the Kherlanji Massacre. They speak for themselves>>
1. This is the same Bulluck-Cart ,allegedly, used for making ferry of naked mother and daughter in and around Kherlanji village.
Pic2: Topper Priyanka (12th class)
2. One of the most educated girls in Kherlanji, Priyanka passed her matriculation and was studying for HSC. She was brilliant and had great dreams. She was the best NCC cadet too. Her only fault was she belonged to that community.
3. Priyanka was gang raped and inhumanly murdered by putting sticks inside her genitals, says DNA. The cruelty did not stop there, her body was thrown in water canal.
4. A rare self respected Mother in the village who tilled the farm land, made it fertile on her own just like a man. She fought tooth and nail for her and others rights till death . Brave was she, who dared to testify infront of police that saved an innocent. She undoubtedly preferred dignified death to lechery. We salute you mother ! The son lying close to her is a blind but not spared by assailants. Another son, Roshan was doing his graduation, most learned boy in his village.
5. Hut they lived in is so small that has no electricity. The bright students were studying while mother was all set for preparing evening meals when the ghastly event happened.
6. Priyanka and her family thought leaving behind caste and embracing Buddha`s path would bring in sea change, though, it gave them confidence to live a dignified life(as they did) but could not change attitude of caste people towards them. They were exterminated for their courage!
7. Their lifestyle reflects profound wisdom. How much mother gave importance to education than other daily needs is worth noting! Especially when she had to manage in daily budget of o.5 USD , buying books for students, travel expenses and college/school expenses! (Generally here every Buddhist household thinks that education is only way to get out of the shakles of caste and poverty. Result is, after 50 years of conversion 72% literacy is observed among them, way ahead of Indian average 62% .Females are not only ahead in literacy but they have unparrallel confidence like Surekha & Priyanka had. Female literacy is more than Indian average. This is important when there are not many Buddhist Missionaries operating in India funded by world outside.)
Surekha`s home is a typical rural Buddhist home. See the walls of the hut in above pic. seems as if bricks are arranged on one another with no investment on masonry.Whereas, the pic below shows the linen made of torn-off cloths! May be 0.1USD worth? Every fraction of penny counted !
8. Broken father, Bhaiyyalal who could not able to save his family, helpless for mob of 50 people attacking, ran to take help of Police, police did not come!
A short Story of Education
Once upon a time….
In a village named Kherlanji, Priyanka was reading “Political Science” for her semester examination when Killer mob approched her house. She was raped and killed by the mob. She left reading in between — the story ended. She is no more now, thanks to caste dynamics! However she left behind the reflection of her creativity in her handwritting!
pic8: Book on ‘Poilitical science’
Another book she was to read is on sociology that includes theory of Varnashram, theory of Sancritisation and Religion .
What has happened to Priyanka, can the auther of book explain a bit?
She is no more but how many Priyankas should die before achieving their dreams?
How many holy books, Smruties and panchayats will continue to make people
caste blind?Isn`t it a proper time for a wise Indian to challenge the social structure, challenge caste and try to find antedote on this 2500 year old virus?
“Hello Mr. India….where are you? Priyanka is calling…”
For the latest posts, visit home